Eastern Region (ERT) Junior Competition
Competition is a healthy social environment for your child(ren) to test and improve their skills that they learn during their lessons, helping them to enjoy the game of tennis! Junior competition via North Balwyn Tennis Club is with Eastern Region Tennis association (ERT).
There are two seasons per ERT calendar year.
runs over terms 2 and 3 of school.
runs over term 4 and term 1 of the following year.
The competition involves playing home matches (at North Balwyn) and away matches against other clubs in the eastern region area.
Depending on your weekend morning availability, your child(ren) would be in a team that plays on a Saturday or a Sunday for the entire season. Saturday games start at 8:30am and finish between 10:30am & 12:30pm. Sunday games start at 9:00am and have a similar finish time.
The many competition formats available require 3 to 6 players per team, with 2 to 4 players to be rostered on to play per game day.
Below are some important player requirements if you decide you would like your child(ren) to give competition a try.
- Must be a member of North Balwyn Tennis Club. If your child(ren) is placed in a team, please complete the Membership Application Form and send to the membership secretary.
- Must have parental permission to be entered in a team.
- One parent per team is required as team manager for the entire season, including the completion of a roster. If a parent is not prepared to manage the team, the team cannot play the season.
- Parent(s) must be able to do their equal share of rostered home supervision away game driving & supervision.
- Each team member must commit for the entire season.
- Tennis shoes must be worn.
- Phone number, first name, last name, and DOB are required for competition entry.
For competition entry or any enquiries contact Stuart Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
To visit the ERT Junior Tennis website, please click here.